Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Projects

Cheers to the Jacuzzi family for inventing the hot tub. The only highlights of the inn we are staying at prior to Carrie Rose’s launch are it's reasonable price and the hot tub in the enclosed pool area.

I am not a big fan of hot tubs after being spoiled by Japan’s onsen/soaking baths. They have a ritual associated with them, which I studied to avoid creating an international incident. I was way over prepared.

While I dutifully scrubbed my skin off before entering the bath several rough looking Japanese men walked in, took off their clothes and without even attempting to wash got in the water. I suppose in Japan’s obedient, compliant society this is a way of being a rebel. I decided not to correct them.

Here in Northern Michigan I looked forward to my soak each afternoon in the Jacuzzi. I needed it to diminish the residual effects of each days boat project. The antenna was replaced. I confirmed that the salon bilge pump functions. Installed a new depth sounder and untangle the anchor chain and rode. I also decided to add anchor chain but this turned into a fiasco. I know it does not sound like much, and I want to believe this, but I returned to the motel each day sore and tired, with multiple self-inflicted wounds, and itching all over due to fiberglass exposure.

Plus, no facilities exist in the spotless, wood and aluminum shed where Carrie Rose spent the winter. Charlotte and I became more frantic to finish as the day progressed. Of course this lead directly to the invocation of Murphy’s Law, and lengthens the project by 57 minutes and 45 seconds.

Now post Jacuzzi-ed and ready to try yet another restaurant to see if a non-Boboli pizza actually exists north of the 45th parallel, I am comfortable and ready for another days work. For this I thank the family of Italians that immigrated to California and invented the hot tub.




Fiasco!



Heaven sent

No comments: