Monday, June 19, 2017

Finally, the storm…


Charlotte and I have been tracking a storm for many days. It was the reason, amongst others, that we came into Havre de Grace and sat for three days. Well, it finally showed up. It is a different feeling to await a storm at dock as opposed to at anchor.


At the dock, I put out a few extra lines and keep track of the storm’s progress on my cell phone. At anchor, I let an extra ten or twenty feet of chain out as this tends to help stabilize the anchor, and keep track of the storm by looking out the window.


Here are a couple of pictures. The power and majesty of these storms is something I never get tired of, that is if I am safely out of their way. They are one of the terrifying joys of living outside with nature. I am not sure if that makes any sense but there it is…


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is quite a dramatic sky
Thanks
Stephen and Fran

Susan said...

It is amazing. Glad you two (and CarrieRose) are safe. Let the voyage continue.