Friday, July 27, 2012

Baie Finn to Beaverstone Bay

From Baie Finn, the most popular spot in the North Channel to Beaverstone Bay in Georgian Bay which is the beginning of primal. To get there we passed through Killarney with its circus atmosphere, cruised through Collins Inlet and eventually spent three nights in Keyhole due to weather. We are back in civilization again as I write this sitting at the Town Dock in Little Current. I think I will have to ponder a bit more before I can try to explain Killarney, Collins Inlet and Keyhole.


The Narrows in Baie Finn


Topaz Lake in the Blue ridge of the La Cloche Range (It is really that color)


Looking pretty scrawny after swimming in Topaz Lake


Leaving Baie Finn


Beaverstone Bay where we turned around and headed west again.


The Killarney Lighthouse


The Georgian Bay coast feels remote.



1 comment:

lachbus said...

Wow, this looks so wonderful up there. I wish we'd get there this year. Alas, not enough time...
Get chocolate, Dean. I never forget to eat if I have chocolate on board!