Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Day at Chipman Point Marina

Carrie Rose stayed put today due to strong north winds. After the morning's excitement: sailboat broke free of its mooring, drifted across the lake and lie pounding on the rock wall, and its dramatic rescue by the harbormaster/owner, we settled in. Once the front blew through we went for a walk and smelt the sweet scent of the surrounding hay fields. It is quite glorious here.



1809


1990


I shouldn't, but I can't help myself


Could use a little sprucing up


Down the road a piece


Proof that VT is kinder and gentler: only 1 shotgun blast and 3 bullet holes


Charlotte's reasoning for not cutting across a field


Call me warped, but this could be an art installation...


Kinda says it all


Another fine example of a breeding American Chipping Sparrow


Been there


Going there

2 comments:

Labar said...

Catskills - Tarrytown - home!!

Kim Rolfe said...

The distance signs have been at Chipman Point as long as I can remember, the writing familiar as it is my uncle's a long time owner of this marina.